ORCID-DK Consortium Meetings – ARCHIVE

ORCID-DK Meeting 5 May 2019

All members were represented. Ivo Wijnbergen and Paula Demain are our local contacts from ORCID and they attended the meeting. Consortium Lead was represented by Søren Vidmar and Poul Melchiorsen

The program looked as follows:

9:30 – 11:00 ORCID update

  • ORCID Update (Ivo) (Status, projects, changes in structure and staffing, etc)
  • ORCID Technical update (Paula)
  • Consortia best practices (Ivo & Paula) – soft (campaigns) or hard (mandatory) implementation. Pro’s en cons of each (e.g. Poland – Italy: learnings)
  • Discussion time

11:00 – 11:15 Coffee Break
11:15 – 13:00 (Poul)

  • status from each consortium member: # ORCID iDs and experiences with implementation
  • ORCID Workshop in Atlanta
  • Orcid.dk and local support
  • Next steps in Denmark: should we make a joint effort in a Danish ORCID implementation? Or is everything working smoothly with the implementation process, so that not much more is needed?
  • Q&A

Link to ORCID-presentation:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1gIAQ_dtb8fbI08bZc8LCLF9W4rQiYoyonx0w0GRXLQ0/edit#slide=id.g49c08e27e0_2_0

Notes from the meeting:

  • Consortium to work together on defining enhancements for the PURE integration. We can then add to the Consortia Leads forum to see if we can get global support from others using PURE.
  • Consortium to check that they are receiving monthly newsletter and access to their premium member reports.
  • Paula to invite Søren and Poul to the Consortia Leads forum. I have completed this so let me know if you have problems accessing.
  • Poul/Søren to confirm if we need to create a community forum group for the consortia members to interact. We would usually do this if no other communication method is in place
  • Paula to send Poul the new Self Service ideas. Link to the document is: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gRLeQp3EMAZMx-j9Pfif9ATHGUIemWznkgnWbzibmNY/edit
  • Paula to send more info on grouping works and version of. KB article can be found at: https://support.orcid.org/hc/en-us/articles/360006894774-Group-multiple-versions-of-the-same-work-together This will be updated in the near future when the 2 news features go live that I demoed
  • Poul/Søren/Paula – look at outreach examples that have worked well for others and circulate to the consortium.
  • Paula to follow up regarding the use of ORCID iDs Google Scholar
  • Consortium – Encourage funders within the regional to join ORCID. Details regarding funders open letter can be found at: https://orcid.org/organizations/funders/open-letter